TRANSLATION & PROOFREADING SERVICES
Translations that fit
my approach to translation
Looking for help with your English and German texts? For your website, a magazine or some kind of copy, for example? To make them flawless and to reach your audience? Then look no further, you've come to the right place!
I'm a trained translator (Diplom-Übersetzerin/ ~ MA Translation) and have been working as a freelancer since 2003. My clients include publishing houses, marketing agencies, medical institutions as well as translation agencies. Please take a look at my project page to see some published examples of my work.
My approach to translation? I create texts that fit their purpose. My translations are tailor-made to fit the respective audience (in terms of the linguistic style) and the needs of my clients (purpose, deadline or maybe a company-specific glossary, etc. ). They read smoothly and precisely convey the content and ideas of the source text. I work with great attention to detail and I'm very much focussed on providing my clients with meaningful and appealing work.
Your text is quite special? Don't worry, just get in touch and let's discuss what you're looking for. If I cannot take on your project, for example, because it is out of my range of expertise or if I don't have time to complete it as fast as you need it, one of the language professionals from my network might be able to help.
Translation, proofreading & transcreation
My services in brief
- Translations from English into German – professional, detail-oriented and tailored to your audience
- Translations from German into English – same approach, often in collaboration with English native speakers
- Transcreation of English advertising material – translation of English advertising texts and target group-specific adaptation for the German market
- Proofreading and editing of English and German texts – depending on what you require: checks regarding spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, consistency, formatting, and other aspects for quality assurance
- Reviews of English < > German translations – proofreading and quality assurance of your existing translations
I work with SDL Trados Studio 2017, a translation memory (or computer-assisted translation, CAT) tool, which helps me to translate your texts more accurately and to ensure the consistency and quality of your translation.
Medicine, marketing and more
Over the years, I have translated texts from many different areas (I've listed the main ones below). I'm very experienced with medical documents (e.g. for clinical trials and market research) as well as with equestrian texts (been a horse addict since my childhood). My passion for photography has also led to a number of exciting translation projects (looking for more!). Apart from that, I'm very interested in art and design, green living, culinary things and sustainable products.
I love it when my personal and professional interests complement each other, so these are my very favourite kinds of assignments.
Areas of expertise
Trade and industry
Sports and lifestyle
Art & design
Gardening & green living
Food, wine & cooking
Meditation & mindfulness
Medical market research